Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Barefoot Gardening

            One beautiful Saturday morning I work up at around 7:00 AM to the smell of fresh coffee and a missing husband. This is a little early for me on a Saturday, but I could here my chickens clucking beneath my bedroom window and knew I needed to go feed them. I sat up in bed and discovered our dog Izzy was all sprawled out across my feet. I gave her a good rub and moved her, so I could get up. She just looked at me like "what are you doing, it's to early". My dogs are so lazy. I pulled myself out of bed and went in search of my husband. I wandered into the kitchen thinking a cup of coffee would help wake me up, when I spotted my husband. He was out in the garden enjoying the sun. I made a detour and headed out to say good morning. There he was in the garden barefoot. I garden barefoot, but I never thought I would ever see my dear husband barefoot in the garden. I teased him a bit about it and he laughed. He said it makes him feel more natural, closer to the earth.  Barefoot gardening, what a wonderful way to spend a nice sunny day in the garden. I am sure many people do it, but to my husband we are the first to ever do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment