Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Laikynns skirt

       I love to sew it is one of my many passions. Yesterday I started a skirt for my daughter, Laikynn. She is very hard to find clothing for, so I tend to make a lot of her dresses and skirts. We can always find shirts and pants, but the skirts and dresses are all made either to short or indecent. On top of that she is very petite and picky ( imagine that). Anyways this skirt was something that I have made before, it is a very simple skirt and needs no pattern. It took me just a couple of hours to make, that is including all the interruptions from my daughter and the dogs. I am very rarely able to just sit down and sew something from start to finish without any interruptions. So yesterday it took me a couple of hours, but it should only take about an hour or less to make. It's that simple. It is wonderful to have a skirt that is so easy to make and when it is done it looks like you spent a lot of money on it.
     



                           This is the skirt before making it shorter


         I got the skirt done, but Laikynn wanted it a little shorter. She says," long skirts look bad on me, please make it shorter." That is the great thing about making your own clothing you can adjust them to however you want. You are not limited to what is in style at the time and you can pretty much choose whatever color or patterns you want. So I'll be cutting it off today. When it is all done I'll post the pictures of it. I'll also put up a picture of the first skirt I made like this It turned out beautiful. My daughter didn't think she would like it and thought it would look to fancy, but she loved it.
      

                                   This is after cutting it off.


         The next project I hope to start soon is a skirt for me. I found some material at the fabric store the other day that I loved. The best thing was it was on clearance for 50% off. Yay!


 
This is the first skirt make. The picture doesn't show how pretty it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment